21 November 2009

Come and Learn - Sources, Citations, and RootsMagic

Sunday, November 22nd, the RootsMagic user group at the Southern California Genealogical Society (SCGS) will be meeting from 2-4 pm at the SCGS library in Burbank. The user group usually meets the third Sunday of the month.


I will be the speaker at this meeting. The focus will be on sources and citations. I will cover: Why cite? How do you cite your sources? How do you analysis your sources? For the second part of the meeting we will break into two groups. One for beginners and one for more advanced users. I will lead the second group through how to use the source wizard in RootsMagic4. We will focus on figuring out which source template to use and how to write templates. Bring your questions.

I invite anyone who uses RootsMagic, is interested in the program, and/or interested in the lecture topic to join us at the meeting.


Disclaimer: I am not associated with RootsMagic beyond using their program. I am a member of the Southern California Genealogical Society.

0 comments:

Post a Comment