02 September 2010

The Jack Pot

I'm so excited I can't wait to share this. In the probate packet of Charles Shaw was a list of all of his children, separated by wife. I've written about him before as my prolific father.
This is a list of the known children living and the children whose whereabouts are unknown. It clears up the part of the mystery of children by his first wife (who's not named) and children by his second wife, who are not all named Ann according to family lore. The notice placed in the newspaper lists his daughter Julia by her married name and names her husband (Jacob Albaugh), allowing me to find them in the 1850 & 1860 US censuses and a possible marriage record. Unfortunately for me there is a five year difference between her age from census to census.

Another piece of paper lists his children who whereabouts are know and their residences. This is helpful since I lost the same people and now I know where to look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment