22 April 2010

News and Notes

I got accepted to grad school! In the fall I will be starting the history and archives management programs at Simmons College in Boston, MA. Now I need to learn how to deal with cold since I've only lived in Los Angeles and Phoenix. I hear layers are a must.

Sunday I leave for the NGS Conference in Salt Lake City. I'm attending the BCG Education Fund Workshop on Tuesday. Saturday I will be teaching part of the Kids Family History Camp. All of my free time will be spent at the Family History Library. I look forward to meeting y'all face-to-face.

My goal of having my BGC portfolio completed by the NGS conference did not happen. I still have reports that need to be written up. New goal is by the FGS conference, which I am almost sure that I will be attending, since I will be in the area at that time. I have my first (paying) client and that has been quite a learning experience.

Ancestry.com has digitalized more 1850-1880 non-population schedules, including agricultural, Industry, Manufacturing, and Social Statistics, added to the mortality schedule.
Read the press release here.
They have schedule for the following states:
California
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
Nebraska
New York
North Carolina
South Carolina
Texas
Virginia
Washington

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations of your acceptance to Simmons College! You'll like Boston - it is a great city, especially for american history.

Bring your layers.

Post a Comment